What Type Of Waterproof Flooring To Consider? Vinyl Or Tile / Stone?
Waterproof flooring is one of the latest flooring solutions that are ideal for wet areas—laundry rooms, kitchens, basements, mud rooms, and bathrooms. Waterproof means no moisture or water can penetrate these floors. Rather than being treated with coatings to resist moisture, they are naturally made of waterproof materials. This type of flooring is made of a vinyl surface layer with a composite core, either stone polymer (SPC) or wood polymer (WPC).
So, it is just a little bit about waterproof flooring. Now move towards learning about its different types and benefits.
Different Types Of Waterproof Flooring
- Tile or stone flooring
There’s nothing stronger than stone and tile when it comes to waterproof flooring. This is why they have been used in bathrooms for literally hundreds of years. These floors can greatly resist moisture from penetrating through when installed, grouted, and sealed correctly. Whichever type of tile you choose, it is advisable to always go for an unglazed tile as it is more slip-resistant.
- Vinyl plank Waterproof Flooring
Vinyl plank waterproof flooring is another popular type used in many homes. It mimics the look of natural wood or tile and provides extreme durability. Vinyl waterproof flooring is ideal for higher-traffic areas, and it is a cost-effective alternative to other flooring materials.
- Sheet Vinyl Waterproof Flooring
Sheet vinyl is also a good waterproof flooring option with fewer seams. The fewer the seams in the flooring, the fewer the chances for water to penetrate into the surface. This type of flooring is ideal for install in bathrooms and kitchens.
Benefits Of Installing Waterproof Floors
- Waterproof flooring is much more than keeping water from seeping through. Moisture can promote the growth of mold and mildew beneath the floors, which can harm you and your family, resulting in severe respiratory problems. Waterproof floors can resolve all these issues, making your environment healthy and safe.
- Waterproof flooring significantly dampens the sound in your home, offers warmth under your feet, and prevents air moisture from damaging your floors.
- Last but not least, the durability of waterproof floors is exceptional. They can last for many years with proper upkeep and maintenance.
Where To Install Waterproof Flooring?
Waterproof flooring could be a wonderful addition to any area that could be subject to water damage. These areas may include basements, bathrooms, kitchens, and mud rooms. Waterproof floors are also ideal for kids’ rooms as they won’t allow spills and stains to penetrate into the surface. This way, you can ensure your floors are not getting damaged or ruined from spills.
Now that we’ve covered almost everything about waterproof flooring, we hope that you can easily choose the right type for your home. From preventing your floors from damage to the availability in different styles, there’s waterproof flooring for different budgets and design aesthetics. Choosing the right waterproof flooring doesn’t have to be difficult anymore. All you need to do is to go to a reputable flooring company!